The inReach now comes with built-in navigation with waypoints and routing. You can navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. In addition to sending and receiving text messages, and triggering an interactive SOS, you can now plan, track and share your journey! You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium.
inReach Explorer Features
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view.
- View route details such as distance and bearing to destination.
- Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer.
- Plan your route online ahead of time, including waypoints, and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress.
- Send and receive 160-character text messages with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media.
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed.
- Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with GEOS, 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center.
inReach Explorer Specifications
- Waterproof and dustproof (IPX7 – withstands incidental water exposure of up to metre for 30 minutes)
- Impact resistant (meets Mil-STD-810G for Shock)
- Made for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 3rd and 4th generation, iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini and iPod touch 3rd, 4th and 5th generation. Android 2.2 and later.
- Operating temperature: -20 C to +60 C
- Storage temperature: -40 C to +85 C
- Internal lithium polymer
- Battery life (sending one track point every 10 minutes): 100 hours with internal lithium polymer battery.